13 Ways to Prepare for an Usui Reiki Healing Session
In preparation for your session, please read the following items thoroughly:
1. This session is 60 minutes. If conducting online, your phone will work just fine, but a wi-fi connection will ensure that Zoom will have a strong connection during the meeting. The session will be video recorded. Please ensure you download the Zoom application prior, test the camera and mic settings, and make sure your device is fully charged.
Here is the link to the Zoom help page if you’re having trouble: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
2. It is helpful to have crystals with you during your session. Do you own a selenite and black tourmaline, shungite, black obsidian, black onyx, or amethyst crystal? These will help you connect and to ground after your session.
3. Set your intent for why you are seeking a session. Common reasons for session: pain relief, heal trauma, stress relief, heal energy blockages, illness, health, balance energies & chakras, cleanse, cut & transmute negative cords, negative implants, immunization shots, entity removal, heal auric field, expand spiritual gifts...
4. Drink water. Water equals consciousness. It is the conductor to higher frequencies! You can think of your body as a vehicle that requires fuel to operate. The water is your fuel to facilitate a strong connection to and communication with other realms. Start today! Continue to drink plenty of water up until the start of your session.
5. It is recommended to eat higher vibrational foods leading up to, as well as after your session. Try to omit or at least minimize consumption of processed foods, sugar, meats, junk food, etc.
6. Leave expectations at the door. Every session is as unique as the individual who has one. Your session will unfold in your own consciousness in your own way, and will more beautifully do so if you don’t expect certain things to happen or not happen.
7. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Don’t have too many caffeine drinks before your session. You want to be relaxed, but you do not want to be nursing a caffeine withdrawal headache by going cold turkey.
If you use recreational drugs, please do not use them one week prior. Otherwise, we will have a hard time in connecting you to the Higher Self who is all knowing, in receiving the healing and answers you desire.
8. Eat a snack or light meal prior to your session. Please don’t start our session by being hungry. If your session is in-person, bring water.
9. Dress very comfortably in white or light, loose clothing and minimal jewelry - and go easy on the mascara. Tears are very common, they are “release healing mechanisms,” and are most welcome.
10. Self-healing: When you have a session, your Higher Self initiates the self-healing process that we all possess, by connecting you to your auric sphere, and correcting deficiencies it identifies. If you do not believe it is working, it will not. You must also put forth the belief to self-heal.
11. Practice quieting your mind as best as you can with meditation or perhaps some quiet time out in nature. You will be ahead of the game if you practice this before your session. When engaging this practice, don’t be looking at your phone, or focusing on obligations such as work. The key is to practice simply being.
12. With this technique, you are surrounded by a protective love-light pyramid from the beginning to the end of the session. Know this, and feel it, so that you may further surrender to the infinite reiki healing energies.
13. Upon receiving healing of your mind, body, soul, you may experience: exhaustion, extra energy, profound dreams, synchronicities, cold/flu like symptoms, vomit/diarrhea, headache, continual downloads, development of your spiritual gifts, etc. Be prepared to take care of yourself. Sleep as needed, and drink plenty of water during this process. Working is not recommended for the day.